Military History Commander – Europe at War Gold is an enhanced version of the original game. The game spans WW2, allowing players to control the axis or allied forces through the entire war in the European Theatre. Can Germany’s rise be stopped or will the jackboots of the SS march through London.
Gold Version Features
- 6 new fastplay scenarios. These start in the same years as the original scenarios but are at 50% scale, to allow games to be concluded, much more quickly - ideal for multiplayer.
- Great new intro movie created from original Military History TV footage.
- Great new look to the in game UI screens.
- Includes all patches and upgrades released for the original game.
- Huge hex based campaign map covering the USA to the west, Africa to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Ural’s to the east.
- 6 epic scenarios including the operation Barbarossa, DDay and the Grand Campaign
- Research over 50 inventions from 5 different technology areas
- 12 different unit types including Infantry and Motorized Corps, Armour, Destroyers, Subs, carriers. Each with their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Recruit and attach Historical Commanders to your units.
- Detailed and realistic combat that models supply, morale, terrain, leadership, equipment, training, strategic weapons and fog of war.
- Easy to learn, hard to master game play that is the cornerstone of Slitherine game design.
- Multiplayer via e-mail, hotseat, Internet and including optional timed turns and 7 difficulty settings.
- Use of Osprey publishing artwork in game, a leading publisher of military history books.
- Easily moddable script files that allow players to alter many aspects of gameplay including research, unit stats, terrain effects and many more.
Field of Play: Turn Based Strategy
Setting: World War II
Unit Scale: Corps
Players: 1-2 Player
Internet Play: Hotseat, PBEM, Internet & LAN
Reviews of the original game
Unrated - Wargamer.com: "Commander: War in Europe is a stone gas of a game, a real sweetheart title that should woe new multitudes to the wargaming genre just as Panzer General did in days of yore."
92% Armchair General Review : "As a complete package, Commander – Europe at War, is a crowd pleaser."
88% Out of Eight Review : "Commander: Europe at War would be very near the top of the grand strategy list."
85% EGC Games Review : "Commander Europe at War is guaranteed to bring hours of enjoyment in turn based strategy game fans and newcomers alike."
85% 5 Star : "Commander Europe at War is a much appreciated breath of fresh air"
84% Game Plasma : "Commander: Europe at War is a very good game that anybody who likes strategy games would adore"
81% Gamershall : German language review - gives 10/10 for multiplayer and UI design!
80% PALGN Review : "It's easy to get into, deep, addictive and immensely satisfying"
80% Macworld: "I’m delighted to see this wonderful tradition continue with Slitherine Strategies’ excellent Commander: Europe at War"
80% Ace Games : "I prefer action games, yet I still very much enjoyed this one. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to invade Edinburgh and crush those Allies once and for all!"
Minimum System Requirements
Intel Pentium 4, 1.4 GHz or fully compatible
512 MB RAM
300 MB of free space on hard drive
Graphic card with the latest drivers
Game requires a display resolution of at least 1024x768
Intel Pentium 4, 2 GHz or fully compatible
1 GB RAM